Why is Career Shaping™ Important?
- To help you determine what career, occupation, or cause to pursue.
- To help you learn more about your personality type and how it shapes your decision.
- To identify any limitations you currently have and how to overcome them.
- To help you stay motivated by developing a time-line for success.
- To assist you in determining if you should make a career change.
- To give direction if you are at a time in your life where you could “give back” and would like to serve others for a cause that fits your core values.
When you focus on creating a vision and plan for your career, your percentage for long-term success is greatly increased.
The longer you continue in the wrong direction or without knowing the right direction it wastes your time, resources, and potential opportunities. By not making the needed corrections for your career you will become frustrated and eventually defeated. Remember this, it’s never too late to make course corrections.
Trends seem to show that in the future it will be essential that you have a higher skill set in order to be considered for a job. This means it is imperative that you streamline your efforts to what is best for you. Many students go through High School and College with little to no clear direction concerning their future. We all know graduates who spent years studying only to be proficient in an area that they have no passion to give their life. With that in mind, think about the benefits of personally shaping the things that motivate and excite you most, and doing it for the rest of your life. It could save you over $100,000+ in undergraduate and graduate degree tuition costs alone. Imagine the loss of potential compensation simply because you are not performing or are under-performing in a career you do not enjoy.
If you don’t know where you are going, you might not know when you get there. Yogi Berra
If you are already in a career, yet you are unhappy, should you just settle and never realize your dream. I DON’T THINK SO! Taking the time to plan your personal life and how to understand your personality type and behavior traits, will give you the ability to move and plan properly.
What Will my Career SHAPE Look Like?
There is no “one size-fits-all” tool, and no guarantees, but if you complete this tool you will see yourself more clearly. I will help to identify where you should focus your time and attention. It will save you time and money pursuing a career or a cause that does not fulfill you.
Everyone’s plan varies and is unique to each individual. You will get out of it what you put into it. Remember, this is YOUR LIFE. If you spend the time and effort to build a solid foundation you will build a sold future on top of it.
This tool will help you identify:
- Career likes and dislikes.
- Steps that you will take to obtain your desired job.
- Goals that you have for yourself in terms of professional growth.
- Develop a timetable to help you reach your desired goals.
- Other tools that will aid your search to set your personal life goals and
learn more about your personality type and career behavior style.
- A plan to overcome obstacles hindering you from reaching your objectives.